The former Franciscan convent is directly attached to the cow steeple. After the closing of the convent in 1782, the buildings initially entered into private possession and were auctioned off as a schoolhouse in 1825 by the matron of the English Institute (today: Congregatio Jesu). Since 1758, the young English ladies were already represented in a school for girls in Günzburg, and the tradition of the Institute lives on even today with a grammar school for girls and a high school for girls. The entire building complex was refurbished and modernised at the end of the 90s. The last nuns left Günzburg in the spring of 2010, which also marked the ending of the monastic tradition in the town.